Monday, June 29, 2009

5 Days!!!

WOW! 5 Days to go and I become a home-grown-eating-low-carbon-emitting-100 days without avocados-probably going to plan a trip to the tropics-vegan-locavore!!!!

Even though I've been preparing for this now for a month now I still worry that I'm not adequately prepared. I hope my follow veg-heads have been prepping as well because I can't imagine being thrown into this adventure without having sourced some essentials. 

The past week was a lot easier than the first few visits to some local stores. I had my first order of Bailey's Local Foods and the Loft Co-op Program. Bailey's offers the hard to find local goods like 100 mile bread and nut products and Loft has a wide variety of fruits and vegetables.

Now nervously stroking off the last few days I have yet to figure out the challenge of taking local with me wherever I go. I never realized how much I depended on quick and easy foods when I am out and about. If you see a girl strolling through the Loo with a basket on wheels and piles of greens and spelt bread please stop and say hello :) 

For anyone who is interested in checking out what local has to offer feel free to join me this Sunday for the kick-off of the 100 days of the 100 mile diet at a picnic potluck in Ayr.

Best of luck to everyone who is starting the challenge this weekend! 

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment