Friday, June 5, 2009

27 Days to Go!!


I just got back from the grocery store and I am getting extremely excited for July 4th to get here!! I was surprised to find that the challenge of eating within 100 miles may not be as difficult as I thought. "Good things grooooow in, Ontarrriooo!" 

I planted an assortment of vegetables in my garden last weekend and I’ve been reading up on what I will and won’t be able to get ‘home grown’ and am preparing myself for new food creations and the void that will come from removing some of my long time favourites.

I hope you will follow me on my adventure as I say goodbye to chickpeas, avocados, mangoes, bananas, rice and olive oil (and most of my vegan staples) and hello to hand picked mint tea, dandelion salad, everything apples and homemade bread. 

In all seriousness though I am extremely excited to take the challenge and learn to recognize just how global our transportation of food has become and what it is like to eat with the seasons. 

If you care to join me on my adventure or have any questions/suggestions I'd love the feedback.

Much Love and Be Well
<3

2 comments:

  1. Jenna Girl!

    I think this is SOOOO AMAZING!!!!! I have some things growing in my garden that I'll pass your way when they're ready. I have strawberries, garlic, chives, sweetcorn, heirloom tomatoes, celery and shepard peppers!! I'll let you know what ripens as it happens.

    I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! Saving the world one local meal at a time. Every little thing you do makes every single person around a little happier for knowing you.

    Never change.

    L&L E&E T&T
    CJR

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sweet Pinky Pot!

    Oh Boy!!! Just so you know I will be visiting you soon out of love and not to increase my distance of food consumption ;)

    I am getting so excited/nervous I read "shepherds pie" in place of "shepherd peppers" ;) I'm growing tomatoes too (even though I don't like them) so maybe we can do tradesies because I know you love them :)

    Thank you so much for your support Cat! Coming from a strong woman like you your words always mean a lot :)!!!

    L&L E&E T&T

    ReplyDelete